TheOneSpy is a phone-monitoring app developed by an Australian-based company. It offers different subscription plans (from one month to one year) that is convenient for people just trying to test the water and understand whether this mobile software is what they need.
TheOneSpy’s Standard Features
TheOneSpy incorporates over 30 features for smartphone and tablet monitoring. Some of them are quite basic:
- Spying on calls;
- Spying on text messages;
- Accessing photos;
- Checking internet browsing history;
- Contacts and calendar;
- Viewing installed apps.
There are also additional features available for premium package holders:
- Listening to calls in real time. This feature works only on some phone models that allow conference calling;
- Checking VoIP Call History (calls via Skype);
- Viewing messages sent and received via social media (Facebook, Viber, Line, WhatsApp);
- Recording and listening to the surround environments.
TheOneSpy offers different subscription packages for different operating systems (Android, iOS and BlackBerry). Make sure to read the description of your package before purchasing it, as some features may not be included in a given package. For example, listening to surroundings is not available for Android Xlite and Lite packages, but is included in all packages developed for iPhones.
GPS Location Tracking
TheOneSpy allows tracking the location of a targeted phone. Unlike some of its competitors, the software does not offer a geo-fencing feature that is of crucial importance for monitoring your children.
The company provides its contact data on the website: the address, phone and email. But since there is only one contact number, it is impossible to get in touch with support representatives. The company claims to proceed queries within 24 hours, however, it sometimes takes longer.
Don’t be lead astray by the prices listed on their adds (a 3-month package is available for $55, a 6- month one – for $99, and a yearly subscription – for $140). Check every package separately to see the prices as the rates listed above are provided for the Lite subscription for Android. Furthermore, there are many hidden subscription fees, just check their Legal Facts section to learn more.
TheOneSpy’s Positive Features
- The cell phone tracker offers all the traditional monitoring features.
- There is a demo version that allows you to see some of the available tracking options.
- TheOneSpy works only on rooted/jailbroken mobile devices;
- You cannot block any content or activities;
- Blackberry chat messengers cannot be monitored;
- There are monthly/annual subscriptions charged automatically. So, cancelling your subscription can be more of a headache than you expect;
- Refund is available only within 3 days after purchase, so if you failed to install it during this time, you will not be able to get your money back.
Cell Phones Supported
TheOneSpy provides a wide range of packages for different tastes and budgets. It incorporates all the traditional features and is easy to install on jailbroken devices. However, you should be aware of hidden fees and automatic subscription extension.